The Alpaca Fiesta 2007 is being organized by the International Alpaca Association and will take place in Arequipa, Peru, from November 14th ? 18th, 2007.
Arequipa is where 100% of Peru?s fibre is processed into semi and/or fully finished textile articles which are exported worldwide. The city of Arequipa is located 1,000 km south of Lima at an altitude of 2,325 m.a.s.l. The city is considered as Cultural Patrimony of the Humanity by UNESCO. The historical centre of Arequipa is an example of ornamented architecture and represents a masterpiece of the creative coalition of European and native characteristics. A colonial town challenged by the conditions of nature, the indigenous influences, the conquest process and evangelism. The city stands at the foot of the snow-capped volcano El Misti, in the highlands. Arequipa has many fine colonial-era Spanish buildings built of sillar a pearly white volcanic rock used extensively in the construction of the city, from which it gets its nickname La Ciudad Blanca ("the white city")
Alpaca Fiesta 2007, which will take place in Arequipa?s main Showground and conference centre ?Cerro Juli?, will offer a host of events aimed at improving the understanding of animal breeding through to finished fashion on the catwalk.
Participants from all over the world, The United States of America , Australia, Japan, China, Italy, The United Kingdom, Bolivia, Chile, Bolivia, Argentina among others will be immersed in a number of activities. Such as:
- Alpaca Show. Over 700 alpacas from the best ranches of Peru will be competing.
- Opening Ceremony: Fiesta Style, a Carnival Procession, Fireworks and a lot of fun.
- Vinuņa Chaccu.: The traditional Inca method of rounding-up wild vicunas.
- Horsemanship Show: Peru`s famous ? Caballos de Paso? will put on an entertaining demonstration of Marinera Dancers.
- Factory Visits. Tours of Arequipa`s main spinning knitting and weaving installations.
- Conferences and Clinic - papers related to the alpaca business as whole will be presented.
- Fashion Show - the principal designers of alpaca will put an outstanding fashion show only in the Alpaca Fiesta 2007.
- Gastronomic Festival. Through the whole festival you will be able to sample the best Peruvian food.
For Further information Contact:
Renzo Morante, (Event Manager) at the International Alpaca Association offices:
51 54 229344